Saturday, August 6, 2011

Country Boys and Girls

I recently returned from spending a most fabulous summer in New York City. So far I've been very unhappy about trading the hustle and bustle of Manhattan for the slower, dare I say boring, Utah life. Thankfully, I was reminded of one of the many perks of living in the West. Tim McGraw. Does Timmy go to Central Park to do outdoor concerts on the Great Lawn? I think not. Does he go to Salt Lake where he performs to hundreds of jubilant, albeit somewhat drunk and possibly trashy, fans? Yes, yes he most certainly does. It became gospel to me that while you can, and I did, "have a lot of fun in a New York minute, but there are some things you can't do inside those city limits." Utah often gets a bad rep. I am guilty of sometimes thinking it's boring and unfulfilling, but then I have a night like tonight where I can see one of my favorite artists sing against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains and remind me that I'm just a country girl who every once and awhile needs to get down on the farm. So I say Utah, you are great and I am glad to be back, if only for the sweet summer nights of outdoor concerts.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! "I'm an Indian Outlaw..." I love being able to be politically incorrect every once in a while. You can't do that without getting trampled on over in NYC. Go West!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me even more sad that I missed the Pioneer Day partying and rodeo and your singing. Next year. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost as if Tim would do anything just to see you smile. Some things never change.

    ReplyDelete